Welcome to our website! We have many outlets to get information to our young marines, recruits and families…we hope this one will help those outside the program find more information.
We will share the information on all aspects of our Tehama County Young Marines. If you are interested, involved or just curious…you have come to the right place. We have a Fact Sheet, a Parent/Guardian handbook to help you with any questions you may have. Take the time to look around the website, check us out on Facebook, and if you are interested in joining the unit then click on Applications & Forms page and print one out.
Needed to Join:
1. Completed application
2. Our TCYM Physical form filled out by your doctor to clear you for physical activity. We can give you up to four weeks to return a completed physical if needed. But they will not be able to attend any outside events, trips or community service until a current physical is on file.
3. One time registration fee of $150 per child. That covers registration fee and their uniform upon completion of recruit training. This $150 registration fee is non-refundable.
4. Solid Black sweatpants or shorts depending on the time of year. They may not have color logos, stripes or adornments. They will also need plain grey t-shirt to wear with their physical training sweatpants/shorts. Once a physical in on file from his/her doctor then they can attend special events and community service. Until they pass recruit training they can only wear new clean solid blue jeans (no holes, adornments or sagging style) and a grey t-shirt. They need to wear a black belt with their blue jeans. Grey t-shirt tucked in!
5. Copy of front and back of insurance card
6. Most current report card.
7. Please click on the Parent/Guardian Handbook link and read. Return the last sheet signed by you and your recruit. This Handbook has answers to ALL your questions.
Please check out our “Supporters & Donors” page to see the great people and businesses that are helping our unit with either a monetary donation or donations for events.
****Reminder you can check the Young Marines Database to see your progress!
WM: Cherie Kain